Guardians or foster fur families
Guardians offer a loving home for a pup or a dog which has been has been selected by the us – the breeder of the dog – to maintain the genetic breeding of the dog’s line.
We believe it takes a community to raise a dog. Without Guardian foster fur families, we would not be able to plan our matches to improve health the way we do as it is a long process that happens over generations.
The Guardian program helps us to provide an ethical and humane breeding program. Our Guardians are part of promoting responsible pet ownership.
How it works
We offer a few dogs or pups a few times a year. The foster fur family has a Guardian agreement/contract with the breeder to keep the dog in good health and condition, and to share in the dog’s breeding life. Usually this is two litters, but it does depend on the age of the dog and other variables.
- There is no cost for the dog, our dogs and pups are free
- There is a choice of either a Red Toy Poodle or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- We need Guardians who live within an hour’s drive of Agnes Banks, NSW
- The Guardian provides a loving, safe and healthy home for their foster pup
- The Guardian can cope with the breeding female living with the Breeder as litter becomes due and until the pups are weaned
- Once foster pup has delivered 2-3 litters, the Breeder will have the dog desexed and then the dog will become the outright sole property of the Guardian
- There is a Contract/Agreement between the Guardian and the Breeder that specifies the responsibilities and obligations of both parties.
Code of conduct
We have rules and codes of conduct from our canine bodies the ANKC we adhere to rules by the state legislation and also local council.
We understand that this type of agreement is not for everyone, but if you think you and your family might be suitable then please APPLY, so we can call you to discuss the best type of dog for you and your family.
By agreeing to become a Guardian you understand that we the breeders retain the breeding rights to the dog while we allow that dog or pup to live life to the fullest as a much loved family pet.
We are RSPCA approved, we adhere to the strict guidelines of the DHI Animal Welfare Code of Practice https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/1310431/INT21-114956-Breeding-Code-Document.pdf. We have been members of part of https://www.dogsnsw.org.au/ DOG NSW for 20 years.
Let us know if you’re interested